My name is Ed Poindexter and I am the owner of Street Feat Productions. Winston-Salem, NC is my hometown. I graduated from UNC-Chapel Hill where I was a member of Lambda Chi Alpha Fraternity.
After seeing The Beatles on the Ed Sullivan Show, I became hooked on music. I started playing in bands at age 14 and continue to do so today. I owned and ran the Streetfeet Band, which was a popular country band playing up and down the East Coast for 31 years. We charted two singles on the National Country charts. For 11 years, we were the official Winston Cup Band, playing speedways and corporate parties.
My unique experience of being a musician and running a band for 31 years as well as being behind the scenes for all kinds of fairs, festivals, corporate functions and parties has given me a wealth of experience to pull from in designing and producing special events.
In the past year alone, I have:
- Produced 31 concerts for the Summer Music Series for the Downtown Winston-Salem Partnership;
- Produced a multi-national act Gospel Show at the Lawrence Joel Veterans Coliseum in Winston-Salem, NC;
- Assembled crews and oversaw production for 7 stages at Rock the Block in Winston-Salem, NC;
- Provided production services for multiple stages at the Grand Opening Gala and Celebration of the Milton Rhodes Center for the Arts in Winston-Salem, NC;
- Provided sound production for 3 stages at the Fiesta Hispanic Festival in Winston-Salem, NC;
- Provided full production services for the Salute Wine Festival in Winston-Salem, NC.
Altogether it has been a fantastic year and I LOVE what I do. I am looking forward to continued growth and new challenges in the future.